Amuse: 9-Color Eyeshadow Kit

I ordered one of these (#1) from ShopMissA and was accidentally sent #2 and #3 as well as an extra of #1. The only kit I don't own is #4 which is a mix of blues. I'd like to preface this review by saying that I am not a fan of purple eyeshadow, even though it is supposed to work well with brown eyes. Each kit has nine coordinating shades, some matte and some shimmer, with most being matte.


Packaging & Value
The packaging is honestly horrible. The plastic surrounding the eyeshadows was loose, as were the individual eyeshadow pots. Every palette came with a lot of powder in the case, especially #1 which you can probably see in the picture above. As far as value goes, I'm not sure if these are really worth the $1.


Application & Longevity
This is what I'm talking about when I say that the $1 is iffy in terms of value. The matte shades were awful, barely pigmented and chalky. The shimmer shades were better, but still not great. There are maybe four out of the 27 colors that I actually like. Again, I'm not a fan of purple eyeshadow so the third kit is just going to collect dust in my collection. All of the colors were very chalky and had a ton of fall-out when applying with a brush, even over an eyeshadow primer. In the images above, I really had to build the eyeshadow over a primer, and they are still sheer. Hopefully you can see all of them!

Results & Recommendations
I honestly can't recommend these as I really didn't like most of the eyeshadow formulas or colors. In kit #1, I did like the fourth gold color quite a bit, but that's really the only color that I found to be exceptional. These were a huge disappointment in my book and I would not repurchase them.

2 comments:

  1. The swatches for the first two look decent. Not so much the purples...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of any of them, but especially the purple palette. Thanks for reading along!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.