MeNow: TrueLips Lip Pencils

Skeptical would probably be the best word to describe how I felt ordering these lip liners off of eBay. I had never heard of the brand MeNow and while they have decent reviews on YouTube, they were still relatively unknown in the beauty world.


Packaging & Value
This 12-pack of lip pencils was priced at $2.50, which equals out to approximately 21 cents per pencil. They came in a flimsy cardboard box, which was pretty beat up. The pencils themselves look and feel cheap. Instead of having names, each pencil has a three-digit number. The cap and the bottom of each pencil is colored, but it doesn't exactly match the color of the lip liner.



Application & Longevity
I know it seems like all I've done so far is bash these lip liners, but the application was actually pretty nice. The pencils are soft enough that they glide on without tugging, and they don't seem to bleed into the fine lines around my lips. They are harder to sharpen because they are so soft—occasionally the tips just break. They are waterproof and do not come off easy, so make sure you have a good makeup remover at the end of the day. These swatches are in order from lowest to highest number.



Results & Recommendations

These last all day under a quality lipstick. Many of the colors are similar, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that there are duplicates. For as inexpensive as they are, I would repurchase these, and may even get a back-up set. Simply Rhaze did a review of these on her YouTube channel. Her lip swatches are beautiful, so I'm including them below.



2 comments:

  1. Where can I get this? Link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since eBay changes constantly, I don't have a link to share, but if you search "MeNow Lip Liners" on www.ebay.com, I'm sure you'll find more than a few.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.