Red Apple Lipstick: Gluten Free Lipstick

A few months ago, a friend and I were at lunch and her makeup was so perfect that even our waitress was throwing her compliments. There I was, bare-faced and jealous. Like a true friend, she pulled a lipstick out of her bag and handed it to me. I applied it quickly and checked myself out in the reflection of my spoon. My lips were this gorgeous pinky-nude and felt amazing. I looked at the tube in my hand. Red Apple Lipstick. When she told me that it was paraben and gluten free, I was intrigued. It took me an eternity, but I finally got my hands on Audrey and Berry Blast, as well as some samples.


Packaging & Value
The full-sized lipsticks retail for $23.50 and the sample-sized pods cost $3.50. You can, and should, take advantage of their sales where you can buy two lipsticks and get the third for half price, or buy four and get the fifth for free! The pods in the picture above are the Rallye Balm, which you get for free with every sample pack purchase, and a lipstick sample in the shade Vogue. I believe that these are a great value for the price! The packaging, oh, the packaging. It's gorgeous! The tube is your basic black tube, but there's a twist. The bottom has somewhat of a textured grip to it, which I appreciate as the clumsiest person alive. The little details on the lid really appeal to me; the words "Red Apple Lipstick" and the apple logo on the end are glossy which is lovely against the matte tube.


Application & Longevity
In the arm swatch above, Audrey is on top and Berry Blast is on bottom. As you can see, these are very smooth and creamy, and apply evenly. By the way, these swatches are each only two swipes of the lipstick. Talk about great pigmentation! I did think that Berry Blast would have some sparkle to it, but it's more shiny than glittery, which is fine with me. On the lips, these last about 2 hours which is fairly average for a creamy lipstick. In my experience, the sample pods will last you 1-2 applications. Keep them in a plastic bag if you don't use the entire pod to keep them from drying out.


Results & Recommendations
Wearing these is a treat! It doesn't feel any different than a lightweight lip balm, but they look like a high-end, full-coverage lipstick. My lips felt nourished even after removing them, and, with Berry Blast, there was still a bit of a stain left until I washed with actual water. Plus, being free of parabens and gluten is really amazing for the price. I really like these and would definitely purchase more colors!

* FTC Disclaimer: These were sent to me for free in exchange for a review. All opinions are my own. *



Don't forget to enter my current giveaway! The details can be found here! (Closed)

2 comments:

  1. Hello! thank you for this great opportunity! my instagram is tallyrmh :) my twitter is the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try this in Audrey - I love to hear this is moisturizing as soooo many lipsticks/ lipgloss I've tried are super drying! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.