Monave: Versatile Powders as Polish

I have already reviewed some of these Monave Versatile Mineral Powders as eyeshadows, but did you know that they can be used to create custom nail polishes as well? Since I've already reviewed nine colors, I thought I'd use a different shade, Hibiscus, as a nail polish. The only information I could find on how to use these as nail polishes was on the Hibiscus page: "Spread the fun on lips and nails." Not too helpful, right? Here's my personal take on using these versatile mineral powders as nail polishes.


I used an inexpensive clear nail polish, Miracle Nail, as my base since I wasn't sure how this would turn out. Note that this may tint your clear polish as you can see above. I spooned a very small amount of the mineral powder onto a piece of foil. After wiping the excess polish off of my wand, I carefully dipped it into the pile of mineral powder, picking up a small bead. Then I just spread it on my nail. This was actually really difficult because it was a lot of work to mix the powder into the polish to smooth out all of the clumps, but too much spreading caused major streaks. Plus, it was still fairly sheer.


As with any other nail polish, I did add a second coat which helped a lot. Since I had the basic technique down, it was a lot easier to work with. The second coat did make the polish opaque and smoother!


After a top coat and some clean-up, I am satisfied with using these powders as nail polishes. The color is gorgeous! It almost reminds me of those chrome powder nail polishes, but without the texture. It did take a lot of trial and error at first, but I guess practice makes perfect, or at least decent. I'm so happy because I adore these mineral powders as eyeshadows and really wanted to love them as polishes. I think the color alone is worth the initial headache. Here's a bonus swatch of Hibiscus on its own!


I'll continue to use these as eyeshadows, and will keep practicing to get a perfect Monave manicure!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.