Coconut Oil For Gorgeous Hair

Face masks are a huge trend right now, but what about hair masks? There are hair treatments, like the Hask Treatment I reviewed a while back, but there aren't many masks available on the market. Since I always have coconut oil in my house, I decided to give it a try on my hair. The results were amazing.


My hair is naturally thick, but it's oily near the roots and dry at the ends. The picture above is what I wake up to every morning, even with the use of expensive shampoo and conditioner. Also, that picture is horrendous. I look like a poodle. In advance, yes, I did use an app to make this picture look better.


The How-To
First off, you are going to want 100% virgin coconut oil, organic if you can find it. I got mine for $7.99 from Target while it was on sale. You're going to warm a big glob up with your hands. The amount you'll need depends on the length and thickness of your hair. Coconut oil has a low melting point, so it'll melt just by rubbing your hands together. I can not stress this enough; do not try to melt it in the microwave. You could end up with a burnt scalp! Then apply it to your hair, starting in the middle. Since my hair is oily at the roots, I apply less there and more at the tips, but I do rub a small amount into my scalp. Contrary to assumptions, this will not leave your hair looking oily, so this can be done on even super oily hair. Some people will tell you to blow dry it now for 15 minutes, but that seemed silly to me since heat damages hair and we are looking to make our hair healthier. Throw your hair in a bun or clip it up and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Now is also the perfect time for a face mask if you use them.


Shower as normal, shampooing your hair twice to properly remove all of the coconut oil. Be careful in the shower. The coconut oil can make your tile floor slick. Also, be careful not to get the oil in your eyes. If you can, let it air dry overnight. Again, I prefer not to use heat while trying to repair damage.

As you can see in the picture above, my hair is less frizzy. What you can't see is how soft it is!

In the morning, style your hair as normal and enjoy your luxuriously soft, healthy hair!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.