L'Oreal: Infallible Total Cover Kits

This is a double review of the newer L'Oréal Infallible Total Cover Color Correcting Kit and the Concealing & Contour Kit. The Color Correcting Kit (225) claims to disguise dark circles, combat discolorations, neutralize redness, and brighten dullness. The Concealing & Contour Kit (220) claims to conceal dark circles, cover imperfections, hide scars, and professionally contour. Apparently L'Oreal is really concerned with my dark under-eye circles! What are you trying to say, L'Oréal?!


Value & Packaging
Both kits come in these plastic cases with four cream pots and a sponge applicator. The applicator is honestly a joke to me. It doesn't pick up the product well and it feels like latex against my skin, making it almost impossible to blend any of the colors out. I purchased each of these kits for $15, which isn't a great value in my opinion. The pots are very small and you need another tool to apply them.


The back of each kit has a guide on how to apply the products. The back of the Color Correcting Kit is way more detailed than the other kit. I'm not sure why you would want to use the second color in the Correcting Kit (meant to combat discoloration) on your eyelids. On the Contour Kit, the colors are illustrated the same way, but they are not labeled, so you have to use your best judgement when applying the colors. I'm assuming this is because different skin tones will need different colors.


Application & Longevity
I definitely prefer the Color Correcting Kit to the Contour Kit for the lavender shade alone. The colors in the Contour Kit will only work for a limited number of skin tones, while the Correcting Kit will work for everyone. As long as you use the proper tools, such as a damp Beauty Blender, they apply well and blend out without too much work. They wear well under a foundation and I only experience slight creasing under my eyes if the product isn't blended out enough. The Contour Kit does feel heavier.


Results & Recommendations
I would recommend the Color Correcting Kit, but not the Concealing & Contour Kit. As I said the lavender color is amazing and really does brighten skin. The green color does neutralize redness but you need to use it sparingly and blend it out like crazy. This double review comes to two extremely different results, but I'm glad I tested them both. I will definitely continue using the Color Correcting Kit, but the other will likely gather dust in my makeup collection.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you liked the purple. I do too but I'm dark-skinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! That's great to know that it works well on darker skin tones! Thank you for reading and for the comment!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.