Fixing a Broken Lipgloss

Zuii Organic and I have been married for a few months now, so we decided to go out to dinner and a movie. Of course, the Handsome Book Nerd tagged along (what a third wheel!). I decided to pretty myself up when this happened. Here I am with a light, neutral eye look, digging through my makeup stash for a red lipstick when I come across Poppy, my favorite red lipgloss. I think to myself, "Yes, this is perfect!" and start applying it when all of a sudden Frangapani comes storming out of nowhere, yelling about fairness and favoritism. This is a true story. I even took pictures for proof! See?


A fight between the two quickly ensues when all of a sudden Frangapani falls off my vanity into the hands of an adorable one-year-old, who puts the cap in her mouth and pulls hard. And then this happened. I'm not going to say that Poppy pushed her, but...you know how these red lipglosses can be.


Of course, Frangapani being the drama queen that she is starts talking about seeing "the light" and asking why her. I'm pretty sure Poppy was laughing a bit. Now, even though Frangapani was being a little ridiculous, I do love her and I knew I had to save her. So I wrestled her out of the hands of the monster-baby and got to work. Here's how I fix my lipglosses when the wand's "cap" pops off.


The first thing I did was cleaned off the drool. Then I dotted a small amount of nail glue onto each side of the wand (the white part). I placed the black handle piece of the wand over it and applied pressure for a few seconds while the wand was still in the bottle to make sure it wasn't on too far.


This part is terribly important. You want to carefully unscrew the wand and leave it off for about a minute to fully dry. If you don't, the glue may spread out and end up in the threads of the bottle. You need to be able to reopen your lipgloss! I kept the lipgloss standing up so it wouldn't bleed leak.

You now have a fixed lipgloss, good as new! Frangapani was still a bit cranky from the whole ordeal, but she'll get over it eventually. I guess I just have to pay more attention to her in the meantime. She better watch out for the monster-baby, though, as she now has a lifelong foe. Ah, the first fight.

2 comments:

  1. OMG. You're funny. This made me laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.